Monday, October 30, 2017

Pecan Dainties

I was grocery shopping one day, and this recipe printed out on my receipt. Cool!

Not pleased to find out that this is a crumbly dough recipe. Crumbly dough is not my BFF. In fact, we are sworn enemies.
I never can seem to get it to work like other people do.
My cheeks are burning in shame.

This recipe says it makes 50 cookies. Are you kidding me? I got about 12 small meatball sized ones out of it.
They taste awesome, but, it's tainted for me because I feel inadequate.

Any tips or hints for me?

Ingredients:
½ Cup butter (softened)
¼ Cup powdered sugar
Extra powdered sugar for dusting
¼ Tsp salt
1 Tsp vanilla
1 Cup all purpose flour
1 Cup finely diced pecans


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla
3. Gradually add in flour and pecans
4. Chill dough 1 hour
5. Roll dough into marble sized balls
6. Cook for 15 minutes until firm but not brown
7. Roll gently in powdered sugar
8. Cool completely
9. Roll in powdered sugar again

Print


Come party with me HERE!

6 comments:

  1. I have never made these, but I love eating them! Sounds like they were a real challenge for you. Thanks for sharing at Celebrate Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 cookies?? I've never seen a cookie recipe that accurately tells you how many it will make! Feel no shame - the look delicious! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will love your Pecan Dainties, they look delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a good week and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think back to many years ago when I ate the best pecan pie ever and so I've been a fan ever since. I will definitely try out your dainties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pecans are my favorites! Very similar to Mexican Wedding cookies, or Russian Tea cakes both my favorites. Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Spotlight party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice ideas for the upcoming holidays. They look delicious. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete