Monday, January 8, 2018

Mushroom and Sweet Pea Risotto

It is so cold.
So so very cold

I know, it's cold everywhere.
Snow in Florida?! What!

Not that I am a fan of waking up to -10 degrees with a windchill of -30...
but, it IS winter. Winter is temporary.

We got a big storm last week, about 18 inches of snow in our area. The winds were flying so high yesterday it looked like mini blizzards every time a gust came by.
That can be annoying.

My big problem is the complainers!
Oh. My. Word.
(yes, I see the irony of me complaining about others that complain)

Facebook is FULL of everyone "OMG it's too cold"
"I HATE WINTER"
"Make it end!"
"Another day, still in the single digits. GAAAAAH"

Now, maybe I am confused...but...
Didn't you make a choice to live here?
Learn to dress for it people!

Personally, I cannot stand it when it rains.
Drives me to drink.
So, I make it a point not to live in, say, Seattle.

I get it. It's cold.
Our heating bills are up and we stay inside more.
BUT
It's beautiful white and sparkly.
You get an excuse to make soups, stews, chilis, and casseroles all the time.
Not to mention, you get to wear all those fluffy comfy sweaters!

Now that I am done complaining...I still find this giggly

Are you the half full or half empty type when it comes to winter?
What's your favorite "warm the bones" winter food?



Ingredients:
4 Cups Chicken broth (for vegetarian, use vegetable broth)
1 Tbsp Butter
½ Cup Sweet onion (finely chopped)
1 ½ Tsp Garlic (minced)
1 Cup Arborio rice (uncooked)
½ Cup Dry white wine
1 Tbsp Olive oil
4 Cups Mushrooms (sliced)
2 Tsp Thyme
¾ Cup Frozen green peas
6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
¼ Tsp Ground black pepper


Directions:
1. In medium saucepan, heat broth over low heat (keep warm)
2. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat
3. Add onion, cook until clear
4. Add garlic, cook 30 seconds or until fragrant
5. Add rice, cook (stirring) for 3 minutes
6. Add wine, cook until liquid is absorbed (stirring constantly)
7. Stir in ½ cup of broth, stir constantly until liquid is absorbed.
8. Repeat until all broth is gone and rice is tender
9. Heat oil in large skillet
10. Add mushrooms, cook until tender
11. Add the mushrooms, thyme, peas, ¼ cup cheese, and pepper to the rice
12. Stir and cook for 3 minutes, just until everything is warmed
13. Spoon into bowls and top with remaining Parmesan

Print




Come party with me HERE!


Adapted from: Recipe Girl

5 comments:

  1. Your Mushroom and Sweet Pea Risotto looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a great day and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this flavor combination! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us on Whisk It Wednesday this week. Hope you have a great week and come back soon! Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a perfect recipe for a cold winter's day! Thanks for sharing at Party in Your Pjs!


    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so good! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrrr, that's cold. I'm definitely one of those complainers when it's winter and South Africa doesn't even get that cold :D Anyways, your mushroom and sweet pea risotto would cheer me up. It sounds delicious Jay

    ReplyDelete